From 20-22 October the MOSAIC 2B consortium will present the latest results and findings at the ICT 2015 event in Lisbon, Portugal.
During the ICT 2015 the MOSAIC 2B will provide information about the developed components of the framework as well as first conclusions and impressions from the six-month field experiment that has been conducted in rural areas of South Africa from March to August 2015. Visitors will have to opportunity to get details about the DTN based content distribution as well as the operating principles of this technology and its implementation. The project will also demonstrate the cinema-in-a-backpack solution including the mobile business services for the micro-entrepreneurs such as: ordering, paying, screening of multimedia content and performing business analysis using visual analytic tools. Moreover, visitors will be able to interact with the tablet software and experiment its functionalities.
With over 5 000 participants, ICT 2015 will gather high level speakers, networking sessions for the creation of European consortia, an exhibition dedicated to successful European ICT projects and several activities for the general public. For three days Lisbon will be the European hub of ICT, bringing together politicians, national and European decision-makers, researchers and entrepreneurs, to debate the latest policies and initiatives of the European Commission on ICT.
The ICT 2015 event will comprise a number of parallel activities:
- A policy conference presenting the new Commission’s policies and initiatives on Research & Innovation in ICT (Horizon 2020 Programme);
- An interactive exhibition showcasing the results and impact of the most recent EU ICT Research & Innovation projects;
- Many networking opportunities to enhance quality partnerships, helping participants find partners, connect Research and Innovation and trigger collaboration;
- Horizon 2020 Work Programme 2016-2017 thematic sessions, offering detailed information on the funding opportunities in ICT sector;
- The Startup Europe Forum, offering a set of activities profiling EU policy actions for startups and SMEs, innovators, private and public investors.
The MOSAIC 2B project has received funding from the European Union’s Seventh Programme for reserarch, technological development and demonstration under grant agreement no. 611796, as well as from the Department of Science and Technology South Africa under financial assistance agreement DST/CON 0227-0229/2013.
Further information can be found here.
Visit MOSAIC 2B at the ICT 2015, International Cooperation Village, exhibition booth IV7a.